Completing the Final Assembly
Within electronic assembly, metal fabrications, cables and card assemblies are joined to complete the final product. This process is done on continuous flow lines using KANBAN pull material handling, Demand Flow documentation and labor techniques that include documented quality checks.
Printed Circuit Board Assembly
Printed circuit boards have parts auto-inserted using UNIVERSAL insertion machines. This capability includes:
- Two machines each for DIP packages, axial components and radial components.
- Once auto insertion is complete, line assembly with demand flow techniques is used to add heatsinks, transformers, buss bars and other components not auto-insertable to the PCBs.
- Fully populated PCBs are soldered using a DOVER SOLTEC solder wave. The wave is programmed with a profile for each different PCB. Entering the PCBs part number into the wave control computer changes the profile.
- Profiles contain 5 preheat chamber temperatures, solder pressure applied to board, speed and width of conveyor and board size. Profiles are developed for each individual PCB using moles to collect temperature data as the boards are processed through the wave.
- All PCBs are tested using GENRAD automatic test equipment. These tests range from component present testing to full functional testing of the PCB under load. Data collected during the test is recorded by serial number in the quality database.
- All PCBs are subject to a lot inspection mechanical appearance and solder process quality before they are used in electronic assembly.
Cable and Harness Assembly
Tracewell produces cable and harness assemblies using UBANKS automatic cutting machines that cut wire to length and strip both ends simultaneously. Lugs and terminals are applied to the cut and stripped wires using the terminal manufacturers applicators. Continuity and HiPOT test are performed on assemblies. All cables are subject to a lot inspection before they are used in the electronic assembly process.
- Corporate members of SMTA Association
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Fine pitch assembly to 12 mil. with exact precision BGA Ball Grid Array/MBGA Micro Ball Grid Array
Circuit Board Test & Repair
- Software control burn-in bays
- Advance troubleshooting/repair to component level
- Surface mount rework and inspection
Fabrication & Mechanical Assembly
- Sheet metal fab
Our assembly services include:
- Printed circuit board assembly
- SMT assembly
- Circuit Board Test & Repair
- Fabrication & Mechanical Assembly